Keeping your info safe & sound
CJS Payroll Limited take your privacy seriously. We are registered with the ICO. Our reference number is CJS Payroll Ltd Z7695682.
For the purposes of the Data Protection laws currently applicable in the UK, CJS will not log your activity for any purposes other than an audit trail and error logging. The basis for processing this type of data is to provide a consistent and speedy service. Your data will be retained for a period of three years plus the current tax year. If you do not wish to have your account online and opt into hard copy payslips, please contact your company's HR/Payroll department.
For data relating to the delivery of e-payslips, we are the Data Processor. Information provided to us by the Data Controller, as a result of an agreement to provide services, will only be processed for the purposes of fulfilling the requirements of the agreement. The lawful basis for processing this type of data is Contractual Obligation. Your data is held on servers within the UK. Your data is retained according to your organisation's retention policy and removed only on specific instruction from the Data Controller. Your data will not be transferred to a country outside the EEA without express, written permission from your Data Controller and then only when appropriate safeguards are in place as required under UK data protection law.
By visiting our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy and in accordance with our Contractual Obligation.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information we collect about you.With regard to each of your visits to our website www.cjsepayportal.com, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, meta data around your login (excluding passwords), browser type and version, time zone setting;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) and request information; pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors;
- When using our ePay Portal, we do not routinely monitor your activity once logged in to view your documents. However, activity data will be gathered for your company should the need arise to provide proof of opening a document.
Information we receive from other sources.Information is received purely from your employer (the Data Controller). If any information we hold is incorrect, you will need to contact your HR/Payroll department.
Uses made of the information
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.We may use this information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or us and your Data Controller, to provide you with the information.
Information we collect about you.We will use this information in one or more of the following ways;
- to administer our website;
- to provide services under a contract or agreement;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide your Data Controller, activity information, to enable them to manage the service we provide;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
Exercising your rights
Where CJS Payroll Ltd is the Data Processor.If you are a user of our services, provided under contract, requests to revoke consent, requests to correct information held about you, requests to be deleted and requests for information must be sent to your company Data Protection Officer who will take the appropriate action and pass on that request to us, if required.
Cookies are small text files that are used by our website to make our user's experience more efficient. The current EU Cookie Law (more information) states that we can store cookies on your machine if they are essential to the operation of our site but that for all others we need your permission to do so. CJS uses some non-essential cookies.
To learn more about cookies, including what they are, how they work and how to block them or delete them, please visit www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
The following information describes the cookies that CJS currently use on this site and what we use them for:
We use a session cookie to remember what you've been viewing and the actions you have taken. If these are disabled, various functionalities of the site will be unavailable and you may not achieve the objective of your visit. More information on session cookies and what they are used for at www.allaboutcookies.org
If you are happy to use our site now that you know what cookies we use and what we use them for, please click the 'Accept Cookies' button in the toolbar below.
If you wish to control which cookies are used, you have the following options available to you:
- Browse the site using your browser's anonymous usage setting which is called 'Incognito' in Chrome, 'InPrivate' for Internet Explorer or 'Private Browsing' in Firefox and Safari.
- Not use this site and delete all CJSePayPortal cookies from your chosen Internet browser. To delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance regarding your chosen browser. You will need to search in your cookie folders for 'cjsepayportal.com' to find our cookies if you wish to perform a deletion.
PLEASE NOTE:Not accepting the cookies will prevent us from learning about website visitor behaviour that helps us improve your website visit experience. It may also render areas of the website unusable.
Disallowing cookies when using our solutions, may prevent your Administrator from managing aspects of the solution. Please contact your Administrator to discuss cookies.